Saturday, 15 November 2014

Building a wardrobe!


So recently I've noticed that a lot of girls my age including my friends find it hard to buy clothes that are stylish yet affordable. I have the same problem myself as I am in school and don't have a job.
But I didn't let that stop me, I devised a plan were I would be able to buy clothes starting with what I already have. I thought this would be excellent to share with you and I hope you enjoy!

1) Talk to your parent/guardian and discuss with them that you want to revamp your wardrobe.


2) Start to sort through the clothes you already have, decide what you want to keep and what you don't need/want anymore. If your finding this hard ask yourself 'when was the last time I wore this' if you can't remember put it in a bin bag.


3) Now set up and embay account or bag up your clothes and take them to a cash for clothes shop  (we're they weigh your clothes and give you money for them) If you chose eBay ( You may need help from a parent to set up an account) start selling your clothes, use eye catching titles and get friends to help you take good photos.


4) In the meantime whilst you wait for your clothes to sell, start thinking about what your colour pallet will be (depending on the season your buying in). Warm dark colours for winter/autumn and light, bright colours for summer.


5) When you have your money it's time to shop! This is were you have to be very careful NO impulse buying and NO expensive shops, we're going to create a wardrobe with versatile staple pieces that can be chopped and changed into different outfits.


6) Now hit all affordable shops, H&M, Tkmax etc. If you have access, shop online for even more affordable shops.
You should be looking for...
1 pair of skinny jeans
 2 different Plain dresses
1 jacket/Blazer
3+ Tops
Nude/black Ballet flats
1 statement necklace.
1 Coat
With these items of clothing the combinations are limitless.


7) Get home and play around with your new clothes, create different looks for Morning and night, Cold and warm, Casual and Formal etc..

 
Thankyou for reading!
Till next time xo

7 comments:

  1. Great post! very helpful :)

    Lucy | http://www.lostinthelipstickaisle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, nice blog, would you like to follow each other? I am following you now.

    ***http://ilovemanythings.blogspot.com/***

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! Good, simple, quick list! love! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely I need more clothes than you wrote ;))
    Alice ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really helpful post and I need to build my wardrobe up more! :)
    I've nominated you for the Leibster Award so if you wanna check it out and do the award that'd be great! thaaaaanks x
    http://ohemgeeitsmaya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award-2-ohemgeeitsmaya.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute !! Xx happy new year my lovely :) Check out my new blog post! I'm in need of some followers, thank you! X http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips! You have such a cute blog! :)
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete